Clark and Post Architects Firm Profile

Clark & Post Architects, Inc. is a full-service architectural firm founded in 1977 with extensive experience in a wide variety of projects. The firm has provided continuous service in Lorain County through successive partnerships since 1904.

Project Commitment
Easy and quick access to staff at any time. Clark & Post Architects, Inc. will work to meet all schedule and budget limits as established by its clients.
 
Principal Commitment
Clark & Post Architects, Inc. principals remain involved throughout the project.

Design Excellence
Many local award-winning projects.

Construction Commitment
Clark & Post Architects, Inc. provides extensive project oversight responsibilities for our clients that include often and frequent site visits throughout the entire construction period.

History of Clark & Post

Ralph Silsbee, the firm's founder, came to this area from Chicago at the turn of the century. Silsbee was the son of Joseph Silsbee, who owned a prestigious Chicago architectural firm. This firm was commissioned to design several projects on the Oberlin College Campus. Young Silsbee, as an apprentice architect in the firm, was assigned the task to oversee the construction of these projects. Upon their completion, Ralph Silsbee chose to stay in the area and opened a practice in Elyria, Ohio, in 1904.

In the nineteen twenty’s, Silsbee obtained a partner Alfred Smith and the firm became known as Silsbee & Smith. In 1951, Ralph Silsbee retired and Alfred Smith brought on his son, Al Smith, Jr. and John R. Clark as associates in the practice. The firm eventually, upon the retirement of Alfred Smith in 1960, became known as Smith & Clark, with the office still remaining in Elyria.

Upon the unexpected passing of Al Smith, Jr. in 1975, John Clark elected to merge in 1977 with a Lorain architectural firm owned by Robert Post. The new firm became known as Clark & Post Architects, Inc. Despite the retirements of both John Clark in 1998 and Robert Post in 2003, the firm continues, over a century since it began, providing quality architectural services in Lorain County under the new leadership of Ronald Cocco and John Mazze, who have been with the company since the 1970’s.